Welcome to HOMEID®. By using this site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please review these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use this website.
1. Agreement. This Agreement (the “Agreement”) specifies the Terms and Conditions for access to and use of www.homeid.com., which is comprised of various web pages operated by the Company (“Site”). This Agreement applies to all users of the Site (collectively “you”). This Agreement may be modified at any time by us upon posting of the modified agreement. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of this Agreement at any time at the Site. Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed to be your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that you are: (i) an original homeowner who was assigned a specific HOMEID account as a service to you by the builder of your home and/or your insurance provider; or (ii) a subsequent purchaser of a home, who has created their own HOMEID account, and has received certain information and materials pertaining to the home from an original homeowner, or its successor, via the Moving Van feature; or (iii) a user of the Site who has created his/her/its own HOMEID account to maintain and organize home-related documents, photos and information. The Site is owned, operated and maintained by HomeID, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (the “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”), as a service to allow (i) the builder to share with you photos taken during the course of construction of your home, floor plans, warranty manuals, owner manuals and other information related to your home, or (ii) your insurance provider to share with you reports related to your home, or (iii) you, the homeowner, to maintain and organize your own documents, photos and information related to your home. If you were assigned your HOMEID account by the builder of your home, after escrow has closed the builder may continue to use the Site to send out newsletters, updates to manuals or alert you of product recalls. The information shared with you by the builder and/or insurance provider is strictly in the sole discretion of the builder and/or insurance provider. You acknowledge and agree that the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns shall have no obligation or responsibility whatsoever for the content or sharing of information with you by the builder and/or insurance provider.
You may elect to upload to your HOMEID account your own personal documents, which may include home maintenance records, plans and permits from a remodeling project, or a home inventory which would be easily accessed in the event of an insurance claim. If you sell your home in the future, you may transfer certain documents and information relating to your property to the purchaser via the Moving Van feature (see below). When you use the Moving Van feature, the documents, photos and information associated with the home you transferred will be archived and will be read-only and capable of being downloaded. If you purchase another home or property, you will be able to add documents, photos and information about such new property to your existing HOMEID account.
Your HOMEID account is a secure, password protected webpage. The builder and/or insurance provider shall only have access to the information they provide, and not to your personal documents. Prior owners and subsequent purchasers of your home will not have access to your HOMEID account, unless you provide them with such access, which is not recommended. You acknowledge and agree that the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns shall have no obligation or responsibility for your personal documents uploaded to the Site, or for any information you choose to share with subsequent owners of the home.
2. Privacy. In addition to this Agreement, your access to and use of the Site is also governed by our Privacy Statement. Please review our Privacy Statement at www.homeid.com.
3. Copyrights , Trademarks and Patents. All software and content on the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips and software, is owned or licensed by the Company or its software and content suppliers and licensors. Such software and content is protected by United States and international copyright laws, and patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Content shall include but not be limited to text, graphics, appearance, visual elements, design, concepts, business models, operational models, databases, collections of links, hyper text markup language (HTML) code, and scripts. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of the Company and is protected by applicable copyright laws. We grant you permission to view and use content and software made available to you on the Site in connection with your use of the Site only. Any other use, including, without limitation, the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content or software on the Site is strictly prohibited, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, or other such written agreement with us. The Company and its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers and licensors expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in all text, products, technology, content and all other material that appears on the Site. Accessing the Site does not confer and shall not be construed as conferring on you or anyone else any license, ownership rights or other claim, interest or title in any content or to the Company's or any third party's intellectual property rights.
4. Information Posted by Third Parties. The information and materials submitted to your HOMEID by the builder of your home and/or your insurance provider (the “Materials”) are provided for your use and review in accordance with this Agreement. The Materials are provided to your HOMEID account at the sole discretion of the builder and/or insurance provider and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Company or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns. We cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Materials. The Materials may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns are in no way responsible or liable for the availability or content of the Materials provided by the builder, insurance provider or any third parties, including but not limited to prior owners of the property. The Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns make no representations whatsoever about any Materials provided to the Site by the builder, insurance provider or any third parties. Any concerns regarding the Materials, products or services offered by such third party should be directed to the specific third party.
5. Information Posted by You. As part of your use of the Site, you will be able to post documents, photos, receipts, home maintenance records, plans and permits from a remodeling project, a home inventory which would be easily accessed in the event of an insurance claim, and other materials and information (“User Content”) to your HOMEID account. User Content will be kept at a secure, password protected webpage. Builders and/or insurance providers will only be able to view information posted by them, not User Content. You agree the Company, as the operator of the Site, may view the User Content, which shall be subject to the Company’s Privacy Statement. You acknowledge and agree that the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns shall have no obligation or responsibility for or related to the User Content, including but not limited to such User Content transferred via the Moving Van feature.
By posting User Content to your HOMEID account, you warrant and represent that you have the right to use such User Content. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is under no obligation to you to police, monitor or remove User Content and the Company makes no guarantee with respect to the completeness, accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. The Company reserves the right to supervise the uploading of any Materials or User Content to your HOMEID account, and the transfer of such Materials or User Content via the Moving Van feature, but we are under no legal obligation to do so.
You agree that the Company and its affiliates may use your name, email address, telephone number and/or HOMEID to access, review, edit and modify the Materials and other information associated with your account.
6. Intended Audience. This Site is intended for adults only, 18 years of age and older.
7. Trademarks. Trademarks appearing on this Site and/or the Materials submitted to your HOMEID account are protected by law and you cannot use any such trademarks in any manner without the express written permission of the trademark owner.
8. Site Use. The Company grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this Site. Except as provided by written agreement with the Company, use of this Site is strictly prohibited for republication, distribution, assignment, sub-license, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other unauthorized use. You agree not to copy materials on the Site, reverse engineer or break into the Site, or use materials, products or services in violation of this Agreement, other written agreement with us, or any law. You further represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the information you provide to the Site, including, without limitation, financial information, and agree that you shall not use false contact or financial information, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties. The use of this Site is at the discretion of the Company, which may terminate your use of the Site at any time, in its sole discretion. Any breach of this Agreement shall result in the immediate revocation of the license granted in this paragraph without notice to you.
You agree that you shall not submit data or information to or otherwise transmit material through the Site that is (i) copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary or intellectual property rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the lawful owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner to submit or transmit such data or information; (ii) unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, fraudulent, abusive, pornographic, harassing or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or does or would give rise to civil liability or violate any law, rule or regulation, or is otherwise objectionable, or infringes the Company’s or any third party’s intellectual property rights or other rights; (iii) intended to victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation; (iv) non-public information about a company or individual without the express written authorization to do so; or (v) includes any bugs, viruses, worms, trap doors, Trojan horses, or other harmful code or properties.
We may assign you a password and account identification to enable you to access and use certain portions of this Site. Each time you use a password or identification, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use the Site in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and we have no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use of the Site. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SITE BY ANYONE USING THE PASSWORD AND IDENTIFICATION ORIGINALLY ASSIGNED TO YOU WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SITE IS ACTUALLY AUTHORIZED BY YOU, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS AND ALL OBLIGATIONS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS) INCURRED THROUGH SUCH ACCESS OR USE. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and identification assigned to you. You shall immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of this Site’s security.
9. Links to Third Party Sites. The Site may contain links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under the Company’s control and the Company is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. The Company is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Company of the Linked Site or any association with its operators.
10. Typographical Errors. In the event a product or service is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product or service information, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product(s) or service(s) listed at the incorrect price. The Company shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, we shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
11. Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Site. You further agree that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge. As a condition of your use of the Site, you warrant to the Company that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site.
12. Use of Communication Services. The Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
We have no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, the Company reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. The Company reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
The Company reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information in any Communication Service. We do not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, we specifically disclaim any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized Company spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of the Company.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
13. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold HomeID, LLC and its managers, directors, officers, members, shareholders, partners, employees, affiliates, successors, and assigns harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees and legal costs, related to your breach of this Agreement and/or use of the Site.
14. LIABILITY DISCLAIMERS.
THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. WE MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
15. Termination or Access Restriction. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, with or without notice.
16. Use of Moving Van Feature.
You may use the Moving Van feature on the Site in the event you sell your home. The Moving Van feature allows a homeowner to designate certain information and materials uploaded to such user’s HOMEID account to be transferred to a separate HOMEID account of the purchaser, which may be either a new account or a pre-existing account. (Some information, including, without limitation, contact information, may not be able to be transferred via the Moving Van feature.) The original homeowner will provide the contact information and other information concerning the purchaser requested by the Company to enable the Company to transfer a copy of the designated information and materials to the purchaser’s HOMEID account. The original homeowner, not the Company or its affiliates, controls which information they choose to transfer to the subsequent purchaser. We recommend that information and materials containing personally identifiable information, such as personal financial information, not be designated for transfer to the purchaser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the original homeowner is solely responsible for determining which information to transfer. Neither the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns nor the owner, builder, insurer, or manufacturer who supplied the information, shall have any obligation or responsibility whatsoever concerning the transfer of information and materials in your account or your use of the Moving Van feature. Nor will the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns have any obligation or responsibility whatsoever to the subsequent purchaser concerning the information transferred using the Moving Van feature. By using the Moving Van feature, you warrant and represent that the Company has the right to transfer a copy of such designated information and materials to a separate user’s account and that the information you provide about the purchaser of your home is true and correct. You acknowledge and agree that the Company makes no guarantee with respect to the completeness, accuracy, integrity or quality of the Moving Van feature.
17. HOMEID Is Intended Only for U.S. Residents. The Site is solely directed to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representations that the Site and any content or functionality available through the Site and its associated features are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent they are applicable.
18. Applicable Law. Our performance under this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement is in derogation of our right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided to or gathered by the Company with respect to such use. To the maximum extent permitted by law, this Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Florida and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Broward County, Florida in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site. Use of the Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
19. Relationship of the Parties. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and the Company as a result of this Agreement or use of the Site.
21. Severability. If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in effect.
22. Entire Agreement. Unless otherwise specified herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to the Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and the Company with respect to the Site.
23. Admissibility. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
24. Copyright and Trademark Notices. All content of the Site, except the Materials and User Content, are the sole property of the Company. All rights reserved.
Trademarks: The names of companies and products and services mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Notices And Procedure For Making Claims Of Copyright Infringement: Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement under United States copyright law should be sent to HomeID, LLC.
25. Contact Information.
633 S. Andrews Avenue, Suite 204
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Phone: 954.358.3500; Fax: 954.358.3501